Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
What information we collect and how we may use it
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better products or service. For example:
- We may ask for your personal information when you're discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, downloading a software update, registering for a seminar, participating in an online survey, registering your products, or purchasing a product.
- When you interact with 1Shareware, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the 1Shareware products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue.
- We also collect information for market research purposes — such as your occupation and where you use your computer - to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our websites. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve 1Shareware's products and service.
Publicly displayed information is public
If you use a bulletin board or chat room on 1Shareware website you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. 1Shareware is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features, 1Shareware will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
When we disclose your information
1Shareware takes your privacy very seriously. 1Shareware does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
Within the 1Shareware Corporation
With our service providers, vendors, and strategic partners
There are also times when it may be advantageous for 1Shareware to make certain personal information about you available to companies that 1Shareware has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for 1Shareware to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with 1Shareware's policies, except if we inform you otherwise at the time of collection.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
How we protect your personal information
1Shareware takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
1Shareware uses secure server hosted by Paypal, SWREG and other 3rd party credit card processors that encrypt all the customer's personal information including name, address, credit card number credit card expiration date etc. before it is sent to us. Encryption works to prevent any malicious use of your personal information.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser like Safari.
Cookies and other technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. 1Shareware will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
Our companywide commitment to your privacy
This policy covers the Intel Corporate website and is applicable worldwide. To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate these guidelines to 1Shareware employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
1Shareware abides by the safe harbor framework set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information collected from the European Union. The following link provides more information about the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program.
1Shareware's website has links to the sites of other companies. 1Shareware is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
Last updated February 11, 2009